Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Y-E-S




After dating for a year Jeff proposed. I knew it was coming but honestly he could not have surprised me more! He came to visit me for my birthday last April (I moved home in Feb. after graduating school to save up some money) and I was positive he wasn't going to propose because I knew the ring was being made so I thought there was just no way. But I was fine with it because the weekend was perfect! We spent a lot of time with our families and friends. I think everyone thought he was going to propose at the bbq we had for my birthday because all of our family and friends were there that night but he was totally cool when after presents and everyone was saying "don't you have a present for her Jeff?" I was completely clueless...silly me. I think he attempted a few times to propose but could never find the right time. I got Jeff really good when the night before I was asking him all these way girl questions like "so are you sure you have dated enough people...? etc..." He got pretty upset with me I was just like whoa settle down just asking... but now i know its because he just wanted to say "hello Megan I have a ring in my pocket!" haha I thought that was pretty funny. As I am sure most of you know Jeff is an avid bike rider so it was not out of the ordinary for him to go on a morning ride. He came into my room around 5:45 a.m. to say goodbye and about 45 min. later I get a phone call from him saying he had gotten a flat and if I could pick him up. So of course as happy as I could be at 6:30 in the morning I rolled out of bed...I repeat... I litterally rolled out of bed, retainers and all and went to pick him up. I got to his location which happend to be a very beautiful spot in the desert. He asked me to bring him his toolbox from the trunk and kinda like umm okay ya sure I can do that. So I just sat it down on the sidewalk and kinda slowly walked back to the car and all I hear is "Megan?" I turn around. There is my cutie in his bike outfit down on one knee holding the ring box. My hands immediately fly to my mouth followed by a giant gasp then an "oh my goodness!!" Jeff nervously mumbles something about a knight in shining armor and his white horse then quickly says "Will you marry me?" I took like 5 steps backwards into the street, nearly crying at the most adorable site I had ever seen. Collecting all my emotions of course I said YES! Hugs, tears, and a million I love yous later we arrived home to share the good news!! April 22nd, 2010, what a great day!

1 comment: